Eastern Edge, through its founder director Philip Watkins, provides strategic advice to senior executives of developers, finance houses and tier one companies. Its target client is the senior executive team, with whom a personal relationship is built. Eastern Edge is not just another consultancy supporting mid-management project teams.
The client executive is likely to require personal and discreet support for reasons of a deficit of time, expertise, or because of internal corporate sensitivities. Once a personal relationship is established, Eastern Edge may draw on a network of trusted associates to help delivery.
The company is a well-connected and highly respected consultancy that is influential among political and business leaders. Clients are typically looking to access Eastern Edge’s cross-discipline network that allows for the integration of analysis from across political, policy and industry sources.
Eastern Edge has:
- Provided discreet, strategic advice and written stakeholder engagement strategies on entry into the renewable energy markets of the UK Continental Shelf
- Facilitated high-level political engagement at Westminster and sub-national level, and influenced strategic decision makers
- Provided economic and political assessments
- Identified UK partners and facilitated discreet supply chain introductions
Vanguard research involves a cost effective, high-level review of a market opportunities prior to clients contracting full due diligence services with other providers. This research includes project identification, a ‘sense check’ of the political and policy environment, the identification and mapping of key stakeholders and an assessment of key personalities.
Eastern Edge delivers benefits by reducing the reputational and financial risk of clients entering the market.
Eastern Edge has been contracted by wind, oil & gas companies, and private finance houses to identify new opportunities in emerging European markets. Clients are motivated by the need to expand or diversify, or they are attracted to private finance investment opportunities.
Research has been undertaken in China, Russia, Norway, The Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Germany and Austria.
Clients typically require:
- Personal, bespoke, unencumbered support that augments in-house resources
- Discreet, confidential research where sensitive implications exist for the company
- “White label” market research that fronts the client and avoids alerting competitors
- A rapid access to a cross-disciplined network
- Requiring a virtual presence at international conferences and seminars leading to timely, informed opinion
Eastern Edge has:
- Identified investment opportunities
- Carried out high-level, vanguard research and written timely, insightful reports
- Provided discreet first contact services
- Provided a virtual presence at conferences and seminars
- Carried out arms-length research without raising competitor awareness
Philip Watkins uses his multi-disciplinary network, and his power to convene, to determinedly promote energy sector partnerships. As a member of the East of England Energy Group, Eastern Edge promotes, at a national level, the all-energy supply chain offers of the renewables, oil & gas and nuclear sectors.
The company is particularly interested in advocating the synergies between the renewables and gas sectors which, when combined, offer the fastest path to reduced carbon emissions.
Eastern Edge has travelled to China as part of a UK-delegation seeking to export the UK’s offshore expertise.